Xtreme Portuguese GamerzZ
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Trofeus-2BiografiaPortalInícioÚltimas imagensProcurarRegistarEntrar
Últimos assuntos
» Liga Nacional League of Legends
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor FILIP_FB Qua Dez 05, 2012 11:20 am

» ModernVision Gaming
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor baldiante Dom Out 07, 2012 8:03 am

» Rengar Double Kill
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor psipunisher Dom Set 16, 2012 5:05 am

» Labregos do Online (maiores de 18 anos) - Jogo 1 - MW3 - PS3
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor Litz94 Ter Jul 17, 2012 12:21 pm

» [Torneios] uPlayReal | 21 e 22 de Julho
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor SkullL Ter Jul 17, 2012 7:02 am

» E coiso e tal #41 :: Olha para isto :: MW3 :: PS3
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor sidsidsid Seg Jul 16, 2012 7:18 pm

» mc_silva( posso entrar ? )
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor mc_silva Sáb Jul 14, 2012 1:27 am

» 197 - GroundWar - Domo - Underground - "ACR" vs Tugas - MW3 - PS3
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor sidsidsid Sex Jul 13, 2012 10:06 am

» 196 - Domo - Fallen - "ACR" vs RNG tugas - MW3 - PS3
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor sidsidsid Sex Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

» 195 - Domo - Interchange - "ACR" vs Tugas - MW3 - PS3
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimepor sidsidsid Sex Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

» 194 - Domo - Lockdown - "ACR" - MW3 - PS3

» 193 - Domo - Carbon - "UMP" vs Tugas - MW3 - PS3

Tópicos semelhantes
Estatísticas
Temos 831 usuários registrados
O último membro registrado é otaku

Os nossos membros postaram um total de 52931 mensagens em 9173 assuntos
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Conservar e compartilhar o endereço de Xtreme Portuguese Killers em seu site de social bookmarking

Conservar e compartilhar o endereço de Xtreme Portuguese GamerzZ em seu site de social bookmarking
Top dos mais postadores
sidsidsid
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Vote_lcapO COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Voting_barO COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Vote_rcap 
Jeremias25
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Vote_lcapO COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Voting_barO COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Vote_rcap 
netcabo
psipunisher
OMGWTFBBW
Almeida
lordfc
Caesar
bluefran
FrIaS
Procurar

Resultados por:

Rechercher Pesquisa avançada

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!

Ir para baixo 
+11
OMGWTFBBW
Zangarf
FrIaS
JoaoRambo
psipunisher
lordfc
HuGi
Admin
Jeremias25
dani47
sidsidsid
15 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4  Seguinte
AutorMensagem
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg maio 18, 2009 7:47 am

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Hardcore-gamer

In
the gaming community, people are essentially divided into two
categories: casual and hardcore. The term ‘hardcore’ is often used by
gamers, but few stop to think about the meaning behind it. Only
recently did I, myself, consider its significance, so I decided to ask
around and discover how others perceived its true definition.

So, what does it take to be a ‘hardcore’ gamer? Turns
out, everyone I asked had a different answer! A portion of the answers,
when asked, stated that a large part in what hardcore required was
being more than a casual gamer and being someone who was knowledgeable.
However, I found some answers more intricate and even mind boggling!

For some, it's not just
mastering games; It's beating the game in as many ways as possible. I
have two examples where friends have actually done what is listed: One
would be finishing Zelda with only three hearts throughout the entire
game. Clearly it takes a lot of hard work to go an entire game (while
baddies just increase in strength the further you go) with such little
health. Another example would be beating Resident Evil 4 on the Wii
while you hold the wiimote and a friend holds the nunchuck. Obviously,
it requires a lot of teamwork and skill. If that's not taking gaming to
a whole other level, I don't know what is.

However, some people may say
that something like this does not define a hardcore gamer. Some say
it's owning all of the newest systems or being knowledgeable about all
upcoming games. Some say it all derives from putting lots of hours into
it and having a competitive attitude. Here's what Arrke, who did a
review on F.E.A.R. 2
previously, had to say:

Being a hardcore gamer
is about two factors - investment of time and a competitive attitude.
Any gamer can have just one of these traits, such as playing a game a
ton, or simply playing a game online infrequently. However, when you
combine a dedication of time with an attitude of competitiveness, you
get a truly hardcore player - the kind of player that will spend all
day practicing, or reading strategies on a forum, or watching videos of
matches on a website. When you think about it, every so-called
"hardcore" gamer is in fact a competitive gamer - the terms are
basically synonymous. A gamer can be competitive with just about any
game with a scoring system; from Pacman to Street Fighter 4, as long as
there's a way to measure a winner, there will be a gamer out there
willing to take the game to a 'hardcore' level.

While I don't fully agree with
his perspective, I do see where he's coming from. Some people believe a
lot of factors go into defining 'hardcore', but when it comes down to
it, it's usually specific to each person. What you believe to be a
hardcore gamer can be simple or very intricate. Personally, I believe
that passion plays the largest role, but there are many ways to be
considered hardcore. What does it mean to you?

Citação :
Yeah, I think it's all about passion. For the "Casual" gamer, games are just one of many ways to have fun for a while.
For
the "hardcore" gamer, it's more thant just fun, it's about enjoy many
aspects about a game, the music, the story, the level design, the whole
experience. Of course you have fun in the process, but it's not just
that.

I agree that it has to do with passion, but passion for gameplay.Someone who has a hardcore passion for games doesn't care about image, or even graphics. It's all about the gameplay.Think
of it like this, I go to the movies all the time. I've seen tons of
movies in my lifetime, and have seen most of the big blockbusters in
recent memory, but am in no way shape or form a hardcore movie buff.Why?
Because I never look below the surface of movies. I don't go beyond
liking to watch them. A true hardcore movie buff goes beyond the
mainstream and hunts down obscure movies, because they want to
experience more than just the mainstream. They also deepen their
knowledge of movies, because they have a passion for it.Most of
the gamers who play the mainstream stuff can be called core gamers, but
they're not hardcore, because they worry too much about the mainstream
image, and follow fads in gaming. Harcore go their own way, and they
play games for their gameplay.Someone with a true passion for
gaming plays games for their gameplay. That's also why niche games only
really cater to the true hardcore gamers out there. Most of the Halo
generation wouldn't touch some of the weird niche games, because they
don't have that drive to experience something new. They're perfectly
happy with Halo and all it's clones, and don't go below the mainstream
surface of gaming to find games that have great gameplay despite their
image or graphics. That's not a true hardcore passion. That's just
following the mainstream.I'd say it has more to do with your attitude towards gaming IMO.Not
that it matters, because the term has been watered down so much by the
mainstream gaming press that it has no meaning anymore. Now they try
and make it sound like people who play gory game, or play online are
hardcore, but that's really not even close.
Citação :
I agree, people's perspective is what determines the idea behind a
"hardcore" gamer. Some people think a requirement is multiple systems,
others say it's knowledge. But I have never really sat down and thought
of what it meant to me. I myself just call myself a gamer. Many people
have told me I am a hardcore gamer, but I have never put that along
side my view of myself. Anyone can say they are a hardcore gamer, or
say someone else is. But in actuality with so many different
definitions, I would have to say it all depends on who's point of view
it is coming from.
em:
http://gamegirl.blogfaction.com/article/107153/hardcore-gamers/
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg maio 18, 2009 10:39 am

Citação :
the only cheap weapon I see is the rocket launcher + the way it is being used. that is to say, it's 90% kamikaze and suicide mission tactics because - unrealistic as the option of friendly fire "off" is - most servers keep friendly fire off and GG didn't build a deterrant from use in close quarters like in COD4 where the grenade launcher needs time/distance to arm itself - making it still a cheap weapon, but at least it can't be used in most average circumstances because of the limitations put in to try to balance it.

shotgun + every other weapon in KZ2 (including grenade launcher) takes skill given how difficult the controls are to deal with for the average FPS fan when they start playing KZ2.

as for ethics - they certainly do have a place - just beause the developer doesn't lock out of map movements out, is it ok to snipe at people from a place they can't shoot you? of course not. that's not "right." if you can buy a controller that will help you do things other people can't in the game giving you an unfair advantage, do you do it? if you can modify your router or write a program to exploit some vulnerabilities in the game's networking to ensure you win? no, you don't do this stuff, because you should think about the ethics of it. these tactics are cheap.

you can win by playing cheap or cheating, but you can't be respected. this is why COD4 on the consoles is good - a lot of it is about respect - people give up everything and prestige over and over and over again just to get respect. people play with weapons they hate and that affect their K/D to get golden guns. why - pure respect. when a dude is dominating a COD4 match with a pistol and a knife, you respect this guy and you say "good game" - there is nothing like that in KZ2 - dominating is done solely by people who play with the assault class, and even if it's fun for you to do it, no one respects you for it. you're the king of noobs if you think you've owned a game playing as assault. yeah, other skilled players can handle you, but on a team of 16 players, how many can you count on as being skilled? maybe 10% - the rest are just sitting ducks waiting for a rocket in the face.

anyway, the way the KZ2 community thinks, posts, and plays this game, it's impossible to think anyone would respect anyone else playing this game. with all the boosters, stat padders, clans who camp and refuse to fight or spawn to guarantee wins - people are just in this game for the wins and that's why the whole feeling of it and the reputation ends up being cheap unless the community does some policing.

it's more fun playing skirmish on elite. you never see the AI playing like "real" people. boost, rocket launch, rocket launch, suicide, spawn near spawn point of opposition, repeat.

Citação :
Because if they make it to where only the hardcore or people looking to actually master the game will love it, they neglect/alienate the 'mass market' and casual gamers who just want something to pick up and play. So in turn, they go with an approach that everyone can enjoy/learn/play. But, as online gaming has taught us, even the simplest things are hard to comprehend for your average online gamer. Protect the S&D or Assassination target? Nope, these ass hats are clear across the level somewhere as if they don't know what the hell they're supposed to be doing. I'm the assassination target so I better go into hiding right? F' that, I'm heading to the enemy base to kick some ass and lose a mission at the same time.

Regardless of online game, we see this same goddamn stupidity throughout the online communities. 'Lowest Denominator' as someone else put it (seems developers need to aim lower cause we're currently set too high). We actually talked about this in the Lounge this past week.

Citação :
I'm part of many COD4 boards and that isn't really the case, the fact that the weapons are easy to use makes people want to believe there 'balanced' so theres always a strong argument for that side. I mean they've gotten there 1.5 KDR's using M16's and Martydom, there on 40,000 kills and someone tells them those weapons are for scrubs, what are they supposed to do? I myself am on 10th prestige only my Sniper and SMG challenges completed so I'm not that guy... but I can see what'd cause people to irrationally side with the overpowered.

I always make a point to go in a game and judge for myself what's overpowered and what's not. I have to say though the weapons on COD4, the overpowered ones aren't enough so that they could risk ruining the game for other players, I mean yeah you noobtube someone and it was a cheap kill, but you could have of easily shot him. Because of this it doesn't really bother the masses all that much.

But yeah, in my case whatever game I play I only use indirect offenses, snipers and ghosts. The rest don't typically require enough thought or skill.

I think though, if people are using these overpowered classes to essentially boost there experiance, are there not servers created where they can do this? I don't like the idea of boosting servers but to be honest if it takes the scrubs aside for a while, I couldn't care less. I don't care about the statistics of others, only my own.

Citação :
The reason I sold my K2 copy was the simple fact , killzones slow - lagging - servers - ¤No tactical modes . Im now back on CoD4 and loving it . If Mr or Mrs Noob comes knocking at my door with any perk , I will take 1 bullet to there head ! Come at me with all your Noob tactics and I will still own your ass

Citação :
I'm sorry, but I really don't get this. Please note you is a general you not refferring to the OP or any poster.

1. Just because someone killed you with a weapon doesn not mean that it takes no skill.

2. Just because you kill a lot of people does not mean that it takes no skill (if it did, wouldn't that mean that you have no skill).

3. If a player wants to dissallow certain badges/weapons in games they set up because that makes the game more enjoyable for them, I have no problem with that.

4. If a person wants to insult or degrade another player because of the weapons and tactics they use within the rules, I have a big problem with that.

These are games. They have rules. Anything that a person does within those rules is fair game. Perhaps a poor example, but if somebody in chess puts your king in checkmate with a knight, does anyone say, "Knighs are for noobs. That takes no skill"?

Their will always be opponents in games with weapons or skills that give them advantage in certain situations. The challenge is to find a strategy that removes their advantage or better yet turns it inot a weakness.

Now it is possible that the community as a whole will decide that the rules need to be changed, becuase the rules allow a player to gain an advantage that is unassailable. In such a case the skill of the player doesn't matter. What matters is that a team of players, by adopting a certain strategy are assured victory, no matter what the other team does, or that the only way to counter the strategy results in an unfun stalemate situation (like Tic-Tac-Toe). I don't think we are there with Killzone, or any other game I've played online for that matter.
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Jun 06, 2009 7:33 pm

CAMPERO SEDENTARIO
--------------------------------------

Es
el auténtico campero de pura cepa. No se mueve del sitio ni para mear.
Se mete en una habitación y se queda estático enfocando con el arma a
la puerta sin moverse en toda la partida. Suele usar una ametralladora
ligera. No se mueve aunque el enemigo tenga VAT. Es una táctica campera
bastante parca en recursos, pues cuando vienen a vengarse ya saben
donde estás. Y más si tienen VAT. Consigues una proporción de 1 a 1
como mucho. Sin embargo, hay veces que tienes suerte y te vienen una
hilera de 5 nerviosos locos (comentados más abajo) por la puerta cuales
corderitos al matadero.

CAMPERO NERVIOSO
----------------------------------

Es
un campero que se va moviendo por el mapa a ráfagas. Se esconde entre
cualquier matojo, o en una esquina. Principalmente en sitios de paso
obligado o de paso muy concurrido o típico. Mata a su víctima y se
cambia de sitio, para evitar la venganza posterior. Es muy cómun en
este tipo de campero, que, cuando mata a su víctima, cambie a una
segunda posición oculta desde la que controle la primera. Así, cuando
la víctima vuelve a buscarle se pregunta : Oh !! sorpresa !!! ya no
está aquí !!! ¿ Donde estará ? Y ZAS !! Rafagón al canto en todo el
culo. A continuación se tienen 2 opciones. Buscar una tercera posición
oculta desde donde se controlen las 2 primeras o volver de nuevo a la
primera. La decisión dependerá de factores como por ejemplo de si el
tio que te has cargado es el mismo que la vez anterior. Memorízalo. Es
muy importante.

CAMPERO FRANCOTIRADOR
---------------------------------------------

Es
el campero clásico de la misión "BLOQUE", "CONDUCTO" o "FUEGO CRUZADO".
Se mete en una casa, o en una posición elevada. Se protege con
CLAYMORE. Suele poner 2, pues con 1 no vence a los "TITÁN". Se mueve
por la habitación afanándose en encontrar una víctima en la distancia.
Suele hacer una proporción de 2 a 1 como mínimo. Ello es debido a que
no se mueve del sitio hasta que las CLAYMORE hayan hecho su trabajo. O
sea que, como mínimo, se lleva a 1 o 2 víctimas con las claymore casi
seguras y las que pueda con el arma. No necesariamente ha de usar un
arma con mira telescópica. Una ametrelladora ligera puede valer
también, si se sabe usar, y dependiendo de la posición.

CAMPERO PERSISTENTE
---------------------------------------

Es
el campero que una vez le salió una misión de puta madre metiéndose en
la casa X y, nada más empezar, va como loco a esa casa. Se piensa que
todos los días le va sonar la flauta igual de bien. Es muy normal que
el resto de veces no le vaya tan bién, pues cada partida es un mundo y
hay que adaptarse a las circunstancias. Se obceca en entrar en esa casa
aunque esté ocupada por el enemigo, recibiendo matraca una y otra vez,
al intentar entrar y en el camino hacia ella. Cuando por fín consigue
entrar es casi el final de la partida y ya le han matado 50 veces.

CAMPERO LOCO
---------------------------

Os
creíais que la locura sólo era parte de los NERVIOSOS ¿ eh ? ¡ Pues no
! Como en la villa del señor tiene que haber de todo, lo mismo que
existen los NERVIOSOS LOCOS, ¡¡ pues también existen los CAMPEROS LOCOS
!!. En realidad son nerviosos que, hartos de que les maten por ahí
fuera, en el mundo exterior, se reconvierten temporalmente en camperos
y se refugian en la primera casa que pillan, a ver si pueden cazar algo
por la ventana. El problema es, que son tan nerviosos, que no tienen la
paciencia del CAMPERO SEDENTARIO que se queda enfocando hacia la puerta
todo el rato, ni la técnica del CAMPERO NERVIOSO, que se mueve con
cautela.

El CAMPERO LOCO, está tan estresado por las muertes
recibidas ahí fuera que ansía una baja de manera inmediata. Por eso se
menea de un lado a otro de la habitación, como poseído, de ventana en
ventana hasta que acaba recibiendo un balazo de un FRANCO o una
cuchillada de alguien que le ha seguido, pues no suelen llevar CLAYMORE
debido a su condición inicial de nervioso. Además, suelen estorbar a
sus compañeros camperos de toda la vida que se hallen en el mismo
habitáculo, menándose por ahí a lo loco, delatando su posición, u
ocupando una misma ventana. ¡ Coño ! ¡¡ será por ventanas !!

CAMPERO CADÁVER
--------------------------------

Añado
este tipo de campero que jamás se me habría ocurrido de no leer un
comentario en este foro del amigo RACSOSNAKE. Más que un tipo de
campero se podría considerar una técnica campera microtemporal.
Consiste en tumbarte junto a un cadáver tuyo o del contrario. Si hay 2
o más mejor. Sirve quizá como solución temporal ante un avalancha de
nerviosos que se te viene encima. Auque prefiero el humo, quizá sea una
solución válida en determinadas situaciones.

Es un poco débil
debido a que los cadáveres desaparecen en pocos segundos y a que si el
nerviosillo te toca con los pies, tu nombre se enciende de color rojo y
sabe que estás vivo. No obstante, lo probaré esta noche. Una vez pasa
la avalancha de enemigos, ya estás listo para levantarte y darles
cuchillo o plomo.

NERVIOSO CHUPÓN
-------------------------------

Es el
nervioso más inteligente. Se espera a que salgan sus compañeros y se va
detrás de ellos esperando a que les caigan los tiros para ver de donde
vienen y saber a donde disparar. Suele saber donde cae la primera
andanada de granadas locas que se tiran nada más empezar la partida,
por lo cual espera, unos metros más atrás, a que caigan y continúa su
camino. Suelen ser muy conservadores, lo cual les recompensa pidiendo
casi siempre un ataque aéreo y su correspondiente helicóptero. Suelen
hacer una proporción de bajas / muertes muy positiva.

NERVIOSO LOCO
--------------------------

Es
el nervioso que se la pela las veces que le maten. Él lo que quiere es
salir arriba en el ranking aunque la proporción de bajas / muertes sea
negativa. Es el clásico que te hace perder la partida aunque tú juegues
perfecto. Si ves que vas contra ellos 1 vez. Otra, otra y otra, y te
das de morros contra el fuego enemigo, ¿ no será el momento de cambiar
de táctica a otra más conservadora, sin llegar al camperismo ? Suelen
hacer proporciones negativas la mayoría de las partidas. No obstante,
esta técnica suele irles bien si están compensados con otros nerviosos
conservadores o incluso con algún campero. Esta técnica siempre va
bien, sin embargo, cuando en el equipo contrario hay 2 o 3 novatos de
bajo nivel.

NERVIOSOS DE EQUIPO
--------------------------------------

En
realidad son muy poco nerviosos. Se mueven organizadamente, pero no muy
rápido. Corren sólo cuando es necesario. No van como locos a buscar al
enemigo nada más salir. Se van moviendo de cobertura en cobertura,
siempre apuntando. Suelen ser miembros de clanes. He jugado contra este
tipo de jugadores principalmente de madrugada. Por la tranquilidad con
la que juegan, deben ser gente mayor. Suelen ser bastante inteligentes.
No disparan a lo loco y saben lo que hacen. Juegan en equipo, cubriendo
la mayoría de vias de acceso a su posición, para evitar ser pillados po
la espalda.

NERVIOSO SOLITARIO
----------------------------------

Es
el nervioso que si su equipo va por la derecha y por el centro, él se
va solito por la izquierda. Suele utilizar la técnica del flanqueo de
manera persistente. Suele descompensar mucho a los nerviosos de equipo,
pues rompe los esquemas de defensa. Es un solitario que suele llevar
armas con silenciador. Su mayor enemigo son los camperos nerviosos,
comentados anteriomente.
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Jun 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Citação :
There are fundamental flaws in online shooters which, to be honest, are
a pain. However, I prefer to play on servers where there are no such
'gentlemens agreements' as you end up arguing (amongst you clan) about
infractions.

I'd had enough when I was slapped on the wrist playing BF2142.
During the Titan games, I used to enter the enemies main base teamed
with an ammo guy and destoy the radar etc... Wait for someone to come
and repair it, and either shoot the repair guy, or just blow it up
again. Heh, some commanders just dropped crates to repair their assets,
which meant that the ammo guy could go and steal a tank or something
for extra protection.

This tactic was frowned upon by my clan. As far as I'm concerned,
the enemy should guard their assets. Hell, it wasn't as if it was a
uncappable spawn point either, as the titan is a spawn point too.

They then made this daft rule that you could only enter an enemy
base (including an uncappable base) if you're going to destroy assets
(which are legitimate targets), but not take an ammo guy with you, and
not to shoot anyone O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_eek

No wonder they lost their battles to other clans O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_rolleyes

Then again, in ET:QW I was constantly accused of spawn camping
because I'd mine a spawn area and shoot anyone I saw. The fact that
they didn't have to spawn their, and could have spawned at their base,
with a big force field around it, anti-personnel and armour weapons
etc... didn't seem to cross their mind. As far as I was concerned, I
was just playing tactically by giving the enemy a choice...spawn and
die, or spawn somewhere else and come and remove me from my position.

As for bunnyhopping, I find it a real pain in the backside. Why?
Because from experience, it's easier to shoot someone whilst taking aim
from a kneeling or prone position, whilst jumping around like a loon on
an electric dancefloor would end up causing more injury to yourself and
your enemy to crease up laughing. Yet all online shooters are biased
towards run 'n' gun. Unless you're at close quarters, you can't hit a
cows arse with a banjo whilst moving enough to present yourself as a
difficult target.

On a level playing field, an aimed shot would always be the better
option than dancing around spraying bullets. Yet it doesn't work that
way in games.

Like I said, most online shooters have serious flaws. However,
trying to workaround these flaws just imbalances the game even more.
It's not as if these flaws are being addressed either. I gave up on
CoD4 because of the constant grenade spam on spawn points (CoD always
makes you spawn near your team, so it's inevitable that you get caught
in the thick of it straight away) abd the flippin map that gives away
your position (yes, there's the silencer and jammer, but they nerf your
soldier way to much) so people can just shoot through walls and get
kills by use of the map alone. Oh, and the fact that they left of the
fire select switch to horribly balance the weapons was awful.

In fact, I don't think there's a single online shooter that's
managed to implement light and medium machine guns yet either. They're
always extremely innacurate and underpowered, nothing at all like the
real thing...but, and this is a big but, there's a reason why you don't
have everyone equipped with an MG in real life.

Shooters and many other games are built from the wrong perspective.
This then introduces flaws which have to be balanced with improbable
limitations, or just left in.

em:

http://www.totalpcgaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=492
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSex Jul 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Citação:
Resposta Original de diogovans Ver Resposta
Estão a aproveitar-se dos que se estam a cagar e compram tudo na mesma, eles já sabem que o pessoal mesmo que eles aumentem o preço, compram o jogo, então porque não ganhar mais com isso?
Só ficam a ganhar, quer dizer, pelo menos até chegar a notícia aos consumidores que pensam um bocado e percebem que esta empresa é uma autentica "vendida".
Se repararem a versão PS3 não apareceu naquele unboxing, é como se o jogo fosse exclusivo, estou mesmo a ver se não vem ai uma versão PS3 mais fraca que a Xbox360 só para fazerem uns trocos.
Outra coisa foi a história do "Call of Duty" no nome do jogo, como viram que iam perder uns trocos apressaram-se logo a por o nome lá outra vez.
Vendida? Estamos a falar da activision ou da infinity ward? A activision é estritamente publisher, logo dizer que eles são vendidos é dizer que eles fazem o seu trabalho lol. Alem disso não vai ser um aumento de uns 3 ou 4€ que vai mudar a opinião da activision, com tudo o que eles fizeram até agora seria mais do que suficiente para o pessoal odiar a activision, afinal de contas tem feito coisas bem mas bem piores que aumentar o preço do jogo num país, se o pessoal ainda não acordou para o que a activision anda a fazer, também não vai ser com o modern warfare 2 que o vão fazer.
Se estivermos a falar da infinity ward, sinceramente acho que é no mínimo injusto chamar a eles vendidos, primeiro já trabalham com a activision desde o inicio, aliás nunca fizeram um jogo que não fosse publicado pela activision, depois eles tanto quanto sei não decidem o preço.

Quanto à versão da PS3 não aparecer no unboxing, bem se fosse por isso que a versão da PS3 ia ser pior, então o CoD4 teria sido um completo desastre, pois a semi open beta do call of duty 4 foi exclusiva da 360, no entanto a versão final saiu bem nos 2 lados, juntando a isto temos que o motor é igual só com uma modificação ou outra, logo se o motor do 4 corria bem nas duas, não existe motivo nenhum para o mesmo motor com as poucas modificações que levou não correr bem nas duas outra vez. Alem disso estamos a falar de um jogo que vendeu mais de 10 milhões, mesmo que a versão da PS3 "só" tenha vendido 2 milhões (vendeu mais certamente) estamos a falar de muito lucro, logo lixar tantos clientes para supostamente ganhar uns trocos de lado seria no mínimo estúpido.
Se eles quisessem fazer uns trocos de lado viravam-se para a sony ou para a microsoft e diziam nós fazemos X conteúdo exclusivo se pagarem Y, e pronto estava feito não precisavam de fazer negócios obscuros que prejudicavam os clientes, e que se viessem a publico daria muita dor de cabeça.
Alem disso também não apareceu a versão de PC, se fossem aparecer todas as versões teríamos 8 caixas no total, para um vídeo que serve o único propósito de demonstrar as diferentes versões, seria parvo demonstrar todas as caixas, aliás até foi por isso que foram directamente para a prestige já que tinha tudo o que as outras tinham, assim evitam criar confusões e "aborrecer o vídeo" com informação desnecessária.
Pode até ter existido outros motivos para o fazer, como terem mais users de 360 do que de PS3 (muito provavelmente), ou pelo simples facto que a 360 é a plataforma principal, é lá onde tudo é introduzido e só depois é portado para a PS3 e para o PC.

Quanto à historia do nome, sinceramente fiquei surpreso por terem tirado o call of duty no inicio, foi uma jogada que não fazia sentido nenhum desde o inicio, provavelmente foi apenas para testar a reacção do publico, ou para reforçar a ideia que o modern warfare é um jogo diferente do call of duty habitual. De qualquer maneira voltarem a meter um nome que ajuda a vender o produto é simplesmente inteligente, enquanto que muitas das jogadas da activision consigo ver com maus olhos do ponto de vista de gamer (não de negocio), esta não é uma delas, é completamente natural se alguma coisa até é bom que é para não induzir o pessoal em erro.

http://forum.zwame.pt/showthread.php?t=370002&page=12
Convidad
Convidado

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Jul 26, 2009 6:28 pm

dani47 escreveu:
pois no killzone 2 não conseguem matar mais de 2 inimigos seguidos!
não gostam do movimento do boneco, provoca dores de cabeça! lol!

e o cod tem aquela jogabilidade fantastica , é facil matar , podes matar a equipa inimiga toda king
no battelfield 1943 tambem nao consigo matar a equipa toda e no call 4 no inicio tambem nao o fazia... e mesmo hoje matar 6 em S&D nao e facil lol! se axam que call 4 e jogo para velhas atao nao devem jogar modern warfare 2 pois nao vai haver muitas mudancas desde perks,air support,jogabilidade etc... (espero melhores grafikos e ladder interna,veiculos NAO PLEASE Very Happy ) e quem jogou o call 4 so tera que conhecer os mapas novos pois o resto ja tamos treinados e quem joga bem FPS vai ser para xegar ao mw2 conhecer mapas e dominar aquilo ... ate digo mais,eu desde que joguei call 4 que passei a jogar bem FPS seja qual for,recoil que for etc...so o resistance e o meu calcanhar de aquiles Rolling Eyes mas tou curioso para ver quem e que vai comprar mw2 ou nao.ate quero ver se mesmo quem o critica por ser facil,arcade,recoil mau etc se o vai comprar ou nao... lol! acredito que ninguem va se agarrar tanto ao jogo como ao 4 (ninguem deve ter jogado mais tempo outro jogo na play 3 do que jogaram call 4) mas tenho a certeza que todos vao querer dar uma perninha no jogo lol!

Última edição por ONIL80 em Dom Jul 26, 2009 7:29 pm, editado 1 vez(es)
Convidad
Convidado

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Jul 26, 2009 6:34 pm

HuGi escreveu:
Engraçado que são os Americanos que jogam os jogos mais dificeis tipo ShadowRun , Halo , Counter Strike , UT 99/2000/3 , Quale Live , a serie Rainbow Six , Gears of War 1!

Ao pé desses jogos o Killzone 2 é um menino , jogos de noobs tal como o Call of duty 4 ... Dai muitos desistirem do Live e irem po Killzone 2 ou jogarem CoD4.

No Shadowrun um jogador como eu jamais consegue matar um PRO , é que nem com granadas , aquilo é tao skill tão skill que é impossivel matar os bons jogadores e na maioria são Americanos!

No Halo 3 é a mesma coisa , ai já se mata porque podem estar a SORO ou então um headshot mas é muito dificil e mesmo que o matemos 1x ele mata-nos 30.No Vegas é mais dificil ainda , so com granadas mesmo ou com uma rajada de Famas bem mandada e com ganda caga!

No Counter Strike , UT e Qauke...uiiiiiiiii...AI O FATALITY NUNCA MORRE CONTRA GAJOS "NORMAIS"...LOL

isso é que são jogos dificeis , não venha falar cá em Killzones que isso é jogo de meninos , tal e qual o Cod4.
counter strike e call of duty 4 e muito diferente por acaso lol! poe o fatality a jogar call 4 profissionalmente como ele faz ou fazia (treinar 8h por dia 6 dias por semana) e depois tenta matalo em S&D... lol!
OMGWTFBBW

OMGWTFBBW

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Jul 26, 2009 6:37 pm

é obio que todos vao comprar mw2 nao so por ser a sequela de um bom jogo mas porque toda a competiçao vai passar para lá
Convidad
Convidado

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Jul 26, 2009 7:26 pm

mas se o jogo e tao mau desde jogabilidade ate ao recoil etc e E jogo de noobs com bisnagas entao voltar ao mw2 nao e dar um passo atras na competicao? Very Happy
OMGWTFBBW

OMGWTFBBW

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Jul 26, 2009 9:54 pm

nao sabes se o mw2 vai ser assim eu tenhu esperanca que eles melhorem esses aspectos (recoil,etc) mas pensa se mesmo que o jogo seja uma merda se todas as equipas vao dar um passo atras como tu dizes nao vamos nos ficar sem competiçao no kz
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Jul 26, 2009 10:11 pm

O COD4 tem qualidades intemporais, o contexto enquadrado aqui, sobre ser "um jogo de velhas" tem a ver com quem o joga desde o PRIMEIRO dia até hoje.

É evidente que qualquer jogo FPS feito pela infinity ward tem todas as condições para SER O MELHOR JOGO no seu devido tempo.

A estagnação num único FPS leva ao vício e ao esgotamento de fórmulas no mundo FPS. A questão aqui, passa por quem tem vontade de experimentar/evoluir para lá do COD4 e óbviamente acompanhar a migração normal dos clãs competitivos.

Felizmente tivemos o Resistance2 e o Killzone2, agora é aguardar de braços abertos pelo MW2.

As coisas devem ser medidas na sua época, quando TODOS competem, quando todos partem da "estaca zero" - é nessa altura que se vê quem tem estofo para a pedalada - num contexto claramente competitivo.

O COD4 como jogo, actualmente continua a ditar muito no universo FPS: porque é fácil de manusear e directo na curva de aprendizagem, e acima de tudo porque não teve muita concorrência directa no estilo de jogo que oferece ao player (apenas o COD5),

É um jogo de velhas?! Claro que é, basta examinar com atenção os frustrados das stats, os manhosos que decoraram toda e qualquer forma de reagir no jogo e toda aquela gente "croma" do youtube - à 3 anos nisto... Para quem o sugou ao máximo no seu período de ouro, ainda olha com bons olhos para um COD4 actualmente (muito por culpa do suícidio do Killzone2 e porque... vem aí o MW2 e é preciso treinar o motor e física do jogo).

A COMPETIÇÃO?
O jogo não dita a competição...
A competição é ditada pelos clãs, não é pelo jogo. O jogo até pode ser uma merda valente, mas se é lá que se compete, é lá que está a competição.

E actualmente, devido a tanta incerteza na solidez dum FPS que nos dê garantias, anda tudo dividido em vários jogos, felizmente vamos ter um MW2 que com certeza nos vai trazer muito mais "sugo" que o outrora prometedor ladder interno do KZ2.

ONIL80, és bem vindo ao fórum, mas se começares com as parvoíces encobertas do costume, levas um BAN à segunda - esta foi a primeira. Se é para afirmares o que seja, argumenta e justifica essa ideia. Senão é lenha para arder.

Abraço.
MIGUEL_MG

MIGUEL_MG

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg Jul 27, 2009 8:44 am

Eu pelo que percebi de "velhas" do COD sao aqueles gajos que jogam o CoD desde que saiu e como nao atinam em outros Fps ficam por lá, depois de ter 50dias de jogo e tudo decorado ainda vao criar uma conta Cheia de XxXxX para poderem ter umas stats malucas.
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg Jul 27, 2009 8:46 am

Exacto!

E acho que todos nós conhecemos um ou dois cromos desses.
MIGUEL_MG

MIGUEL_MG

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am

O Cod ta cheio disso, sempre que entro num jogo ha sempre meia duzia de Xx-SiiK-NoScope-xX, ll_GiFteD_ll , grande imaginação que têm.

Mas a mim são me indiferentes, ficam todos contentes se são MVP por terem o maior número de mortes, mas apenas o conseguem porque se aproveitam dos que jogam para ganhar .
Zangarf

Zangarf

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg Jul 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Eu por mim não deixaria o meu nick por nada... (ok talvez pelo nick que eu quis originalmente o "Harabec" ou então por "Warbec" mas já tive tanto trabalho com troféus e savegames e cenas assim com o Zangarf que não me atrevo a fazer tudo de novo).

Além disso gosto das coisas como elas são. Tenho o meu rácio de 0.74 no CoD4 e se fizesse nova conta nunca estaria abaixo de 1.0
E o rácio de wins/losses também é assim...
Why? Pk eu feito parvo no inicio só fazia Free-for-all.
E portanto perdia sempre pois 1v11 já seria dificil... quanto mais no inicio do jogo quando eu jogava em Medium e tinha rácios de 0.30

E é por isso que kz2 rulou ao inicio. nada de scores malucos... pelo menos até vermos os meninos com Assault Kamikaze.
Kikobq

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSeg Jul 27, 2009 5:43 pm

E só mudava de nick se fosse para a 360 , e ai ia chamar.me Sumo Razz:P

mas enquanto nao é novembro , vamos killzone Razz
Convidad
Convidado

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Ago 01, 2009 3:32 pm

SIDSIDSID escreveu:
O COD4 tem qualidades intemporais, o contexto enquadrado aqui, sobre ser "um jogo de velhas" tem a ver com quem o joga desde o PRIMEIRO dia até hoje.

É evidente que qualquer jogo FPS feito pela infinity ward tem todas as condições para SER O MELHOR JOGO no seu devido tempo.

A estagnação num único FPS leva ao vício e ao esgotamento de fórmulas no mundo FPS. A questão aqui, passa por quem tem vontade de experimentar/evoluir para lá do COD4 e óbviamente acompanhar a migração normal dos clãs competitivos.

Felizmente tivemos o Resistance2 e o Killzone2, agora é aguardar de braços abertos pelo MW2.

As coisas devem ser medidas na sua época, quando TODOS competem, quando todos partem da "estaca zero" - é nessa altura que se vê quem tem estofo para a pedalada - num contexto claramente competitivo.

O COD4 como jogo, actualmente continua a ditar muito no universo FPS: porque é fácil de manusear e directo na curva de aprendizagem, e acima de tudo porque não teve muita concorrência directa no estilo de jogo que oferece ao player (apenas o COD5),

É um jogo de velhas?! Claro que é, basta examinar com atenção os frustrados das stats, os manhosos que decoraram toda e qualquer forma de reagir no jogo e toda aquela gente "croma" do youtube - à 3 anos nisto... Para quem o sugou ao máximo no seu período de ouro, ainda olha com bons olhos para um COD4 actualmente (muito por culpa do suícidio do Killzone2 e porque... vem aí o MW2 e é preciso treinar o motor e física do jogo).

A COMPETIÇÃO?
O jogo não dita a competição...
A competição é ditada pelos clãs, não é pelo jogo. O jogo até pode ser uma merda valente, mas se é lá que se compete, é lá que está a competição.

E actualmente, devido a tanta incerteza na solidez dum FPS que nos dê garantias, anda tudo dividido em vários jogos, felizmente vamos ter um MW2 que com certeza nos vai trazer muito mais "sugo" que o outrora prometedor ladder interno do KZ2.

ONIL80, és bem vindo ao fórum, mas se começares com as parvoíces encobertas do costume, levas um BAN à segunda - esta foi a primeira. Se é para afirmares o que seja, argumenta e justifica essa ideia. Senão é lenha para arder.

Abraço.
olha la o sid,que mal tem a mensagem que pus e depois a pergunta que fiz a uma unica pessoa que me respondeu educadamente?vens te meter no assunto e fazer juizos errados das frases que postei...por acaso nao concordo com o que dizes,passei por tudo que e FPS e call tem tantos videos no youtube e toda a gente sabe aquilo decor devido a popularidade do jogo e de as pessoas nao o largarem por ser tao viciante.de certeza que quem faz as manhas dos stats etc vao saltar para o mw2 sem o konhecer e comecar tudo de novo finalmente.que eu saiba k2 e o rei dos cheaters tanto em jogo como em stats,esse entao e jogo para pessoal em coma pela tua logica...se achas que eu disse alguma parvoice acredita que tu tambem dizes muita parvoice e o pior e que nao aceitas opinioes contrarias as tuas...podes meter o BAN a vontade meu amigo,fazme uma diferenca incrivel,e que nao tenho vida propria nem nada,a minha vida e vir aqui ao forum.ate te digo mais,vou fazer um auto ban lol!
netcabo

netcabo

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Ago 01, 2009 3:39 pm

ONIL80 não é nada comigo, mas como tu falas-te que supostamente és um amante de FPS, e depois acabas a tua conversa com esta incrível frase:

Citação :
podes meter o BAN a vontade meu amigo,fazme uma diferenca incrivel,e que nao tenho vida propria nem nada,a minha vida e vir aqui ao forum.ate te digo mais,vou fazer um auto ban !

Sabes se és tão amante de FPS devias evoluir, o COD4 não é o unico FPS sabias ?

Hazta..
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Ago 01, 2009 4:11 pm

OFFTOPIC:
Citação :

ONIL80, a minha única preocupação é o BEM ESTAR deste fórum.

Se és platanónicamente cego e fanboy de causas, fixe. Não uses é essa condição como pretexto para destabilizar.

Até ver, ainda não demonstraste juízo nas tuas intervenções. Não é bonito dramatizares numa secção do fórum que se quer para a COMUNIDADE... Se começas com indirectas e lançamento olímpico de farpas, acredita que ganhas um BAN.

As minhas palavras foram de aviso à tua atitude já conhecida (de guerrilha, chacota e sabotagem noutro fórum). Não sejas infantil e reage com elegância aos posts propostos, ou então auto anula-te - sempre é-te mais fácil do que investir voluntariamente esforços para acrescentar algo mais à discussão dos temas.

Só tens que PERCEBER que não é aqui que vais destabilizar, porque não te vamos deixar. De resto, és bem vindo, tu e qualquer gamer interessado.

Abraço

A quantidade de jogadores que actualmente jogam de sniper e dão saltos duplos, e fazem 360´s e jogam de sniper, enjoa-me. Enjoa-me ir para objectivos, eu e mais 8 snipers, onde ninguém se preocupa em ganhar o jogo, mas sim em fazer "aquela morte". Todos querem os seus 5 segundos de fama no youtube, ou então é a saturação elevada ao seu máximo ponto, e os jogadores reinventaram o jogo... Todos são espadachins de snipers e agocs...

É impressão minha?!
lordfc

lordfc

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Ago 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Olá ONIL!
Almeida

Almeida

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeSáb Ago 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Ola e adeus Onil
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Ago 02, 2009 2:30 am

Esqueçam definitivamente as BARRAS DE PING - só têm uma função aproximadamente REAL, quando o jogo é só entre portugueses a RESIDIR em Portugal (e até nestes à diferenças, ora seja FIBRA, ora seja ADSL, ora seja DIAL-UP, ora seja a DISTÂNCIA da casa de cada um ao ISP).

Isto é muito bonito:

Citação :
1 bars = horrible connection
2 bars = crappy connection3 bars = good connection4 bars = excellent connection

Mas não é REAL contra qualquer EXTRANGEIRO.

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Output

Houve uma tentativa num fórum:

Citação :
blackhawk39 wrote:
I'd guess that: 4 bars = < 5ms 3 bars = ± 10ms2 bars = ± 25ms1 bar = ± 60ms Wow. Not even. 60ms is a GREAT connection. 1 bar would be 200+, I would think.

A verdade é que todos nós até podemos ter BOM PING. O problema é gerir o P2P entre o HOST e todos aqueles que se ligam a ele. Qualquer país que esteja mais perto do UK ou dos US - sendo o jogador HOST ou não HOST, terá sempre MELHORES CONDIÇÕES REAIS de que o PORTUGUÊS (sendo HOST ou não HOST).

Há maneiras de acelerar a coisa, mas para quem domina técnicamente o universo das redes:

Citação :

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon1
High ping - Can COD4 still be playable?

Here's
the deal - I live in Dubai and due to A) low player base out here, and
B) The game actually being BANNED here, I have to connect well outside
of the country. Usually I get tossed in with my fellow Americans or
occasionally UK/Europe (depends on when I play).

The lag ALWAYS stinks. I get 1 red bar, at most 2 orange bars (XBOX
360), always. Never anything better unless for some reason the host
switches to me, and then everyone leaves because their lag is too bad
Razz.

I've a 12mbs line but the latency is just enormous, nothing locally I can do about it, it's a fact of life.

SO, the question - what are some tips for playing under extreme lag? Is
there anything I can do to participate and still enjoy the game or am I
just sunk?

My initial thoughts were to play a silenced MP5 UAV jammed sneak who
runs up behind people, therefor allowing me to get some kills and being
somewhat enjoyable. This results were me dumping half+clips into
peoples backs only to have them turn around and slice my face off. The
kill cam shows me trying earnestly to kill the wall just next to my
target.

I have a little more luck with shotguns due a wider cone of damage but
more often than not, I just hurt the target and they take evasive
action, ultimately winning the duel (mainly because when they shoot my
face, my face is actually there to be shot, unlike when I shoot their
face). This does get me some great comments about the noob who missed a
persons back with shotgun 5 feet away....

In HQ, I'd be the last guy alive protecting the HQ and an enemy would
walk into the room, I'd start firing at him, he'd look around, I'd keep
firing, he'd walk over and knife me as I tried to reload... And no, my
aim doesn't suck that bad Razz.

I'm stuck and frustrated, but really wishing to be able to enjoy
SOMETHING with this game. Any suggestions, other than moving back to
the states or something, is greatly appreciated O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Smile.

Citação :
Depends on how high the ping is. Go to speedtest.net, run a test and post your results up here.

I used to have extreme lag when I was with my old ISP, still do from time to time with my new ISP.

The game will be still playable with a high ping and/or a low upload
speed, but it depends on how high/low they are. You could have a
300kbps upload speed with a 150ms ping and play fine with someone else
from your country playing (althought I realize it's banned over there)
and play smoothly, but on the other hand you could have a 1200kbps
upload speed with a 50ms and play someone from the other side of the
world and have extreme lag and delay.

So the main factors are:
* A low ping (under 90ms).
* A high upload speed (download speed doesn't come into the equation much).
* People that are near you, or in a surrounding country.

I feel your pain man, but hang in there. If all else fails, forward the ports on your router.

Have a read of these threads:
Connection difference
Internet Lag Question? Help ASAP
A Serious Discussion About How We See Lag and How Lag Works

Citação :

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmunky80
O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Viewpost

Er... not this time...

There are ways of bypassing the government proxies, but I don't know
how to do that... Besides, with how strict they are over there, there
is no furking way I would attempt to hack through their proxy anyway...

TBH, I wouldn't even risk playing a banned game through their
proxies... They'll come and chop your tackle off or something equally
sadistic... You're not a woman are you? Coz if you are; you'll probably
get acid thrown in your face for talking to us westeners...

You want my advice? Move to another country...

Hahaha, I think you have the UAE confused with Saudi Arabia or
something Razz. No acid attacks, and they don't chop bits off lol. There
are WAY more westerners here than local Emirates. It's a very liberal
place for being an Islamic country. Walking around in a local mall
really feels like walking around ANY mall in the states.

And the only reason the game was banned is the single player campaign
nukes Riyadh, and the broadcast building is loosely based on a Al
Jazeera building Razz.

The governmental proxy is easy enough to avoid in terms of masking the
traffic and accessing "restricted" content and all, but all traffic
goes through it. Nothing can be done about it. The high ping is just a
fact of life.

I've found that if I find games that are hosted in Europe, my
connection is pretty steady at 2 yellow bars, which is good enough.
There are still too many occasions where I empty clips into peoples
chests and they stab me (kill cam shows me, again, trying to bore a way
through a wall or dumpster just to the left or right of the guy). But
it's less dramatic and frustrating as one bar.

I've managed to get my K/D to climb to .71 and rising. Although, it
shouldn't count you backing out of a game as a loss if you only have 1
bar connection, that's horse crap! My win/loss ratio is retarded. It's
a minor thing, but annoying. I have to back out of sometimes up to 10
games in a row trying to find one where my connection is at least 2
bars...

Other things I've found - Fully auto weapons only, M16, G3, etc are
completely unplayable in a lagged situation. To get kills, the area
where the player is must be sprayed liberally for the hits to be
detected. Long range is impossible. I tried sniper a few times in
ground war, 2 kills and something retarded like 20 deaths. The 2 kills
I got were people 6-10 feet from me. Flat out impossible to hit a
target on the move with latency.

I've also found that too close is a no-go as well. Knifing only works
on stationary targets, and you need a bit of distance between you and
the target to be able to spray a decent amount of the area without him
being able to run behind you and slice your head off.

In discovery fights where you and target discover each other at the
same time - you lose almost every time (hope they are a noob and
panic/miss). This makes things like silencer and dead silent key to a
winning strategy. If you can't win the slug fest, shoot people in the
back!

Stopping power or playing HC are vital. With hit detection being so
poor due to the connection, the few bullets that do register as hits
need to count. Imagine playing with everyone having juggy AND stopping
power. That's very much what it feels like. The target will breach the
room as they shoot you, it seems an impossibly fast reaction time -
killcam shows them run into the room, look around, point, start
spraying you with bullets as you fire a couple of bullets off at the
doorway and promptly pad their stats. On your screen the person appears
and kills you at the same time.

Sniper maps are nearly unplayable. The ranges are generally too great,
which forces you into a sniper hunting roll, which isn't very rewarding
tbh. I avoid these as much as possible.

Otherwise, the experience is getting better as my skills improve with
A) the controller, and B) with knowing the sweet spot to winning in a
lagged environment. I'll never be at the top with these conditions, but
at least I won't feel like all I do is die.

Anyway, to anyone in my situation - Hope this advice helps a bit!

Assim, gráficamente:
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Ago 02, 2009 2:31 am

Os pings altissimos do dubai:

Citação :
Ping times and u/l to various major cities:

London - 376ms / 910kbs
New York - 335ms / 637kbs
LA - 386ms / 404kbs
Hong Kong - 520ms / 320kbs
Frankfurt 303ms / 861kbs

Those ping times are just... unreal. Part of the ping problem, as I
understand it, is the governmental proxy server that blocks specific
content on a country wide level. All traffic must go through this proxy
so it slows pings down.

So is there any specific game types that a laggy person could do better
on? I've been doing a lot of domination lately, I can usually sneak
behind enemy lines and cap their point or at least make them divert
assets to stop me capping it, taking pressure off of other points... It
doesn't really reflect my contribution in terms of points but I'd like
to believe I'm not entirely dead weight on the team.

Anything else that may be good? Something that normally no one wants to do, but is necessary or beneficial?

I just want a way to be useful to my team. I've given up having a
reasonable k/d ratio. It's just not possible with this connection.
People appear out of thin air, vanish into thin air, grenades from
around corners kill me, I run around corners sometimes 3-4 times.. to
get knifed in the back by someone who wasn't there. All sorts of
shenanigans. It's sad O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Frown.

O desespero:

Citação :
There are two ISP's here and depending on where you live in Dubai, you
can only use one or another. Both are government owned so the
difference is really only in the name. No relief there, it's a fact I'm
going to have to live with.

I've tried predicting but peoples movements are so erratic it's
impossible, also there really is no telling just how off MY position
really is. It comes in spikes where I'll have a moment where when I
shoot someone, they actually die, and then I rubberband around a
corner.

My connection is wired, the fastest up/down available (over $200 US a
month). My connection will not improve so again - no other options for
playing effectively without the ability to consistently kill people?

Maybe I could become an avid C4 dude, who just throws C4 on points and
blows people up when they try to cap them? Is that even really useful?
Maybe I could be the token claymore dude who claymores my teams
positions or something?

Again, what could I do that would be appreciated by the team, but not necessarily rely on me being able to shoot fools?

Or should I just go back to playing single player missions again.. over.. and over... and over.. =\
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Ago 02, 2009 2:32 am

A resposta (hilariante):

Citação :
Ahh that seriously suck hard, dude. You can try to be the guy in the
back of the map....that just sits there and snipes anybody that is not
moving.
I dont know. You can try not shooting at someone until they are not
moving standing still. I wouldnt hipfire a whole lot neither. Lead
targets that are moving. If you see them going in a general
direction....shoot ahead of them, see if that helps.

A vingança:

Citação :
Had a match where I was host and everyone stuck around until the end of
the match - most had 1-2 bars. I had a 24-4 k/d Razz. Everyone was
whining to high hell about the lag!

I admit, it felt good to have the tables turned for once muahaha!
sidsidsid

sidsidsid

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitimeDom Ago 02, 2009 2:33 am

Citação :
So I've always had this idea about how
lag works and how we see it when we interact with people in game. I
wanted to talk with someone who can validate or clarify my ideas with
facts or opinions.

We've all experienced lag in some way or another. this is how I think it is working.

this was a response I made on a different forum to someone asking about
why it was that on his screen he was shooting an enemy directly in the
chest but none of the bullets hit.

Quote:

In my opinion the largest factor contributing to the problem is our
inability to make things travel faster than the speed of light!
What I mean is, the information that is being transferred between your
xbox, your internet provider, the server, your opponents internet
provider and then your opponents xbox just isn't traveling fast enough.
the speed at which the information is sent is referred to as your
"ping" or the time it takes for 1 packet of information to travel to
its destination and back again.

An example would be you shooting a bullet;
you pull the trigger
your xbox sends information to the server through your internet provider.
the server processes the information and has to send it to everyone who
needs it (the 11 other people in the game who will see/hear the shot)
each persons xbox receives the information, and processes it.

I would guesstimate that the average persons ping is around 20
milliseconds (0.02 seconds) and people with poor quality internet
connections have upwards of 50 to 100 (0.50-1.00 seconds).
I'm going to make the assumption that the data on the server is where
the game gets the information about where or who the bullet hits.

So again, you pull the trigger.
.01 seconds later the server receives the information. (half the ping)
at the same time, your opponents xbox sends information about his players location.
lets assume this information takes .03 seconds to get there.
this would mean that the server thinks you are .02 seconds ahead of your opponent.
milliseconds later, you find out that your bullet somehow managed to
miss your enemy because where he was at the start of the .02 second
discrepancy and where he was at the end of it are two different
locations.

If you managed to understand all that. then I want to point out that
the greater the difference in yours and your opponents ping, the
greater the discrepancy the server sees.

And if you have no clue what the hell I am talking about. here's what I just said summed up into one sentence:

Either you or your opponent is Lagging.

ps. all of this information is in no way fact. It is only my opinion or knowledge of how I believe this particular thing works.

I would very much like to hear what others think of my
understanding of how lag is working and I want to know exactly how
(yes, exactly, meaning every small/complicated detail)about how both
lag and the system of comunication between the server and a players
xbox works.

http://cod4boards.com/general-discussion-world-war/64765-serious-discussion-about-how-we-see-lag-how-lag-works.html
Conteúdo patrocinado

MensagemAssunto: Re: O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!   O COD4 é um jogo de velhas! - Página 3 Icon_minitime

O COD4 é um jogo de velhas!
Ir para o topo 
Página 3 de 4Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4  Seguinte